GridView Sorting question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. Maybe I'm missing something, but in the Sorting event of the Gridview, the
    GridViewSortEventArgs.SortDirection is always Ascending. I'm not sure why?
    =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=, Jul 21, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

    Winista Guest

    I found the similar behavior and put in the article at following link..

    http://www.netomatix.com/development/GridViewSorting.aspx

    There is a Sort method on GridView where you specify sort direction and in
    response to that methos, GridView control sets the sort direction in the
    event argument of sorting event. GidView does not know the direction by
    itself nor it seems to keep track of it.

    Winista, Aug 16, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZQ==?=

    pawan.nogariya

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Simple Function to get Sort Direction

    However the post is old, but since I have a very simple function to get the current sort direction for a column so I am posting too
    You can find it here
    getsortdirectionfunction.blogspot.com
    pawan.nogariya, Feb 8, 2010