GridView special character problem

GaryDean

I have a 1.1 utility program that prints any DataGrid in a Crystal Report
and it works just fine. I'm in the process of final testing of a new 2.0
version that does the same for GridViews. When testing my new version I
notice that my reports don't print some types of punctuation correctly.
Upon examining the actual data in the DataGrid and then the GridView I find
that the data has been corrupted in the GridView but not the DataGrid.

Below is a snippet taken from both the GridView and the DataGrid. As you
can see this punctuation is represented correctly in the datagrid but in the
gridview it is represented by which I assume is some code
representing the specific character that the datagrid has no trouble with.
(sorry it's different data).

Why is it being represented this way in the GridView? What can I do about
it?
Thanks,
Gary

This is from a DataGrid:

This is from a GridView:

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Gary,

From your description, you're concerning at some text output of the ASP.NET
GridView control(compare to the DataGrid) as it doesn't output the expected
text format, correct?

Regarding on the two html fragment you posted, I saw that the GridView
rendered one contains some escaped entities such as "í", are these
ones what you do not want? Also, would you post the aspx template of the
GridView and show us how to do the databinding and what's the original text
in datasource so that we can have a clearer view on this?

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

GaryDean

ok, I need to work up a better comparison using similar binding. I'll just
repost next time I get a chance to get back to this issue.
Thanks

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Thanks for your reply Gary,

No problem. Please feel free to post here at your convenience to continue
on this issue.

From: "GaryDean" <[email protected]>