    this way?
    --
    Scott W.

    M1iS, Feb 3, 2007

  2. M1iS wrote:
    > I have a GridView control with a template column that I use to
    > display my record data. I've included an EditItemTemplate with
    > textboxes bound to the GridView for editing. On my SqlDataSource I
    > need to link up my parameters to the bound textboxes in my
    > EditItemTemplate, but when I try to configure my UpdateQuery property
    > I don't see any parameter source options that will allow me to so.
    > Is it possible to link template columns up to a SqlDataSource in this
    > way?

    recommended practice) , but this is a classic asp newsgroup. ASP.Net bears
    very little resemblance to classic ASP so, while you may be lucky enough to
    find a dotnet-knowledgeable person here who can answer your question, you
    can eliminate the luck factor by posting your question to a group where
    those dotnet-knowledgeable people hang out. I suggest
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET
    "NO SPAM"

    Bob Barrows [MVP], Feb 3, 2007

  3. M1iS

    Mike Brind Guest

    "M1iS" <> wrote in message
    >I have a GridView control with a template column that I use to display my
    > record data. I've included an EditItemTemplate with textboxes bound to
    > the
    > GridView for editing. On my SqlDataSource I need to link up my parameters
    > the bound textboxes in my EditItemTemplate, but when I try to configure my
    > UpdateQuery property I don't see any parameter source options that will
    > allow
    > me to so. Is it possible to link template columns up to a SqlDataSource
    > in
    > this way?

    This group covers classic asp. ASP.Net is totally different. Try
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet. Or try the Quickstart Tutorials
    on www.asp.net

    Mike Brind, Feb 5, 2007