Gridview to CSV

Vincent

Hi, I use the following code to export to Excel, which works fine.

GVAPInv.AllowSorting = "False"
Gridvew1.DataBind()
Gridvew1.AllowSorting = "False"
Gridvew1.DataBind()
Response.Charset = ""
Me.EnableViewState = False
Dim tw As New System.IO.StringWriter()
Dim hw As New System.Web.UI.HtmlTextWriter(tw)
Dim frm As HtmlForm = New HtmlForm()
Me.Controls.Add(frm)
frm.Controls.Add(Gridvew1)
frm.RenderControl(hw)
Response.Write(tw.ToString())
Response.End()
Gridvew1.AllowSorting = "False"
Gridvew1.DataBind()

I'm having trouble figuring out how to export to a simple Csv file.
I've tried to change the response.contenttype to:

Response.ContentType = "text/csv"

This only generates html code (pasted sample below). Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.

Siva M

See if this thread helps: http://forums.asp.net/thread/1343504.aspx

[...]

Thanks that pointed me in the right direction and I've gotten this to
work...

Here's the code I used:

Dim objStreamWriter As IO.StreamWriter

'Pass the file path and the file name to the StreamWriter
constructor.
'make sure this is a path that you have permissions to save in

objStreamWriter = New
IO.StreamWriter("c:\myfiles\mycsvfile.csv")
'Write text.

Dim Str As String
Dim i As Integer
Dim j As Integer

Dim headertext =
"field1,field2,field3,field4,field5,field5,field6"
objStreamWriter.WriteLine(headertext)
For i = 0 To (Me.GridView2.Rows.Count - 1)
For j = 0 To (Me.GridView2.Columns.Count - 1)

'this IF statement stops it from adding a comma after
the last field
If j = (Me.GridView2.Columns.Count - 1) Then
Str = (Me.GridView2.Rows(i).Cells(j).Text.ToString)
Else
Str = (Me.GridView2.Rows(i).Cells(j).Text.ToString
& ",")
End If
objStreamWriter.Write(Str)
Next