Gridview: waiting after click

gianfranco dalfiume

Hi all, i'm new to this newsgroup.
This is my problem: i have a form with a GridView. The first column of the
grid is a ButtoFields (image type) column, with some code to manage the
request for the click (it computes a long, time consuming query). I need to
put something to tell the user that "something is going on" after he click
the ButtonField. A solution could be changing the browser cursor to
hourglass, OR change the clicked image to another, like "working..." OR
display a popup that closes when the query is finished.

The problem is that i'm a noob in asp programming :(

What is the simplest thing i can do?

Thanks in advance.

keithrull

Hi all, i'm new to this newsgroup.
This is my problem: i have a form with a GridView. The first column of the
grid is a ButtoFields (image type) column, with some code to manage the
request for the click (it computes a long, time consuming query). I need to
put something to tell the user that "something is going on" after he click
the ButtonField. A solution could be changing the browser cursor to
hourglass, OR change the clicked image to another, like "working..." OR
display a popup that closes when the query is finished.

The problem is that i'm a noob in asp programming :(

What is the simplest thing i can do?

Thanks in advance.

You can use an ASP.NET AJAX UpdatePanel with an UpdateProgress control