GridView with FormView question

Guest

I have them working together just fine and update does make changes only I
have one small problem.

Changes made on the formview do not reflect on the grid on postback. I have
to leave the page and come back before seeing the changes.

Now on the binding I use custom binding option for elements on the formvuew
instead of the option above it which I am not clear I understand what its
for. I dont think explictly binding to the source on page postback will make
a difference in this context although I havent tried it.

How do I get the grid to refresh itself?

Oh! I guess its also important to note that I am use datacontrollers for
bother grid and form

cannontrodder

Sean said:
Now on the binding I use custom binding option for elements on the formvuew
instead of the option above it which I am not clear I understand what its

Not 100% sure what you mean by this.
for. I dont think explicitly binding to the source on page postback will make
a difference in this context although I havent tried it.

You should have tried it! Put a "GridView.DataBind()" in the inserted,
deleted and updated events of the formview to refresh the grid.
How do I get the grid to refresh itself?

Oh! I guess its also important to note that I am use datacontrollers for
bother grid and form

Datacontrollers? Are you using objectdatasource? I am, and it works
fine but the type of object you are binding should have no effect on
this behaviour anyway.