GridView with multiple selects

Bruno Alexandre

Hi guys,

I hope you can pointing me some tutorials or examples to:

in a Gid View I want to have:

first Row: [Serial Number]
next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
serial number above
next row: [Serial Number]

next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
serial number above

I can do this with 2 GridViews (one with the serial, and the other with the
select)
But only for One Serial Number - I want to reapeat this n times as the
serial numbers that the user enteres in a search...

How can I accomplish this?

(Can I have everything in just one GV like we had it in a table using
Classic ASP)

Jan Hyde

"Bruno Alexandre" <[email protected]>'s wild thoughts
were released on Mon, 15 May 2006 15:20:24 +0200 bearing the
following fruit:
Hi guys,

I hope you can pointing me some tutorials or examples to:

in a Gid View I want to have:

first Row: [Serial Number]
next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
serial number above
next row: [Serial Number]

next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
serial number above

I can do this with 2 GridViews (one with the serial, and the other with the
select)
But only for One Serial Number - I want to reapeat this n times as the
serial numbers that the user enteres in a search...

How can I accomplish this?

If you trap the RowDataBound event, you can then do what you
want with the data in that row, even fire off another SQL to
get the data you want. Seems like a pretty resource
intensive thing to do though, can't it be achieved in one
SQL?

Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

Bruno Alexandre

may be ... but don't know how :-(
I will put a post in SQL NG asking 4 there help.

thank you for the ideia

--
Bruno Alexandre
..