GridView with multiple selects

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Bruno Alexandre, May 15, 2006.

  1. Hi guys,

    I hope you can pointing me some tutorials or examples to:

    in a Gid View I want to have:

    first Row: [Serial Number]
    next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
    serial number above
    next row: [Serial Number]

    next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
    serial number above

    I can do this with 2 GridViews (one with the serial, and the other with the
    select)
    But only for One Serial Number - I want to reapeat this n times as the
    serial numbers that the user enteres in a search...

    How can I accomplish this?

    (Can I have everything in just one GV like we had it in a table using
    Classic ASP)

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    (a Portuguese in Denmark)
    Bruno Alexandre, May 15, 2006

  2. Bruno Alexandre

    Jan Hyde Guest

    "Bruno Alexandre" <>'s wild thoughts
    were released on Mon, 15 May 2006 15:20:24 +0200 bearing the
    following fruit:

    >Hi guys,
    >
    > I hope you can pointing me some tutorials or examples to:
    >
    > in a Gid View I want to have:
    >
    > first Row: [Serial Number]
    > next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
    >serial number above
    > next row: [Serial Number]
    >
    > next rows |---> 4 columns that I get from a select with the
    >serial number above
    >
    > I can do this with 2 GridViews (one with the serial, and the other with the
    >select)
    >But only for One Serial Number - I want to reapeat this n times as the
    >serial numbers that the user enteres in a search...
    >
    > How can I accomplish this?

    If you trap the RowDataBound event, you can then do what you
    want with the data in that row, even fire off another SQL to
    get the data you want. Seems like a pretty resource
    intensive thing to do though, can't it be achieved in one
    SQL?

    Jan Hyde (VB MVP)

    --
    Philistine: What a German bartender does. (Robert E. Lewis)
    Jan Hyde, May 16, 2006

  3. may be ... but don't know how :-(
    I will put a post in SQL NG asking 4 there help.

    thank you for the ideia

    --
    Bruno Alexandre
    ..