GridView1_RowCommand Event is not fired

Discussion in '.NET' started by himanshu2s, Mar 5, 2009.

  1. himanshu2s

    himanshu2s

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2009
    Messages:
    I am using C# for my coding and I have create a web application in the given hierarchy:

    1. There is a Master Page: UserMaster.Master
    2. ContentPlaceHolder: UserContentPlaceHolder
    3. I am using this master page in my web form.
    4. I am using a gridview in this web form. Following is the gridview:

    <asp:GridView ID="grdRequestLicence"runat="server"AutoGenerateColumns="False" OnRowCommand="grdRequestLicence_RowCommand" >
    <Columns>
    <asp:BoundField DataField="STATUS_ID" HeaderText="Status ID"/>
    <asp:TemplateField HeaderText="Action">
    <ItemTemplate>
    <asp:Button ID="btnGet_Key" runat="server" Text="Get Key"/>
    </ItemTemplate>
    </asp:TemplateField>
    </Columns>
    </asp:GridView>

    5.I am using grdRequestLicence_RowCommand for row commands.
    protected void grdRequestLicence_RowCommand(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)

    The grid is easily populated but when I am trying to click on button in grid, no event is fired.

    Somebody please help me find out the trap...
    himanshu2s, Mar 5, 2009