Gridviews and Nested Gridview

katmagic

I have a gridview that contains a nested gridview in one of the columns;
other columns have textboxes. When I edit the gridview, the nested gridview
is dynamically populated with one or more items that the user can select.
If the user modifies the textboxes in the main gridview, then selects an
item in the nested gridview, it causes a reload of the gridview and they
have lost all their changes in the textbox. If I avoid the reload, then the
item in the nested gridview is not selected when the user clicks on the
select, and the resulting update keeps the originally selected item.

How can I get around losing all the data when the user selects an item in
the nested gridview?