GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Gvdc, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. Gvdc

    Gvdc Guest

    GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter

    GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter for unix-like operating systems
    provided by Bauk web server's Grom persistent interpreter connector library.

    Perl interpreter compiled and linked with Grom persistent interpreter
    connector library produces Perl interpreter capable of operating in
    persistent mode and executing *.pl scripts in web directory.

    Download:
    http://www.bauk.ws/gromperl.html
    http://www.bauk.ws/readme.html#gromconnector

    Gvdc, Jul 15, 2008

  2. Gvdc

    Gvdc NET Guest

    "Leon Timmermans" wrote in message
    >> GromPerl persistent Perl interpreter

    > not acceptable in the 21st century.

    No, correct would be to say GromPerl is persistent Perl interpreter.

    Execution of multiple scripts by a single process eliminates the penalty of
    creating a new process for each execution and as a result it provides higher
    performance.
    Theory is not everything, I suppose by what you say you maybe do not have
    very much practical experience.

    Outputting CGI headers is not a requirement, it's an option which in some
    cases is desired and for that one can either write custom routines which is
    straightforward or use pre built modules such as CGI.pm.
    regards,

    Gvdc NET, Jul 18, 2008