    know how Groovy will help me enhance my GUI apps?

    regards,
    ravi
    sunshine, Jan 23, 2007

  2. sunshine wrote:
    > I've been programming in Java with Swing for desktop apps.I'd like to
    > know how Groovy will help me enhance my GUI apps?

    It will not enhance your GUI apps since it does not provide
    a new GUI library.

    It may increase your productivity slightly, but I am
    not so convinced about Groovy's advantages for Swing apps.

    Try read:
    http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2004/10/gdgroovy_basic_swingbuilder.html
    http://blackdragsview.blogspot.com/2006/08/show-me-what-you-have-featuring-groovy.html

    Arne
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=, Jan 24, 2007