Group By Question

Guest

Hi Guys, i have records in database and each belong to certain region(about
5-6 regions i believe). Now in sql, we can execute query using group by
command to retrieve records grouped by region id. Now i need to display in vb
..net aspx page. I can execute query for each region however is there anything
i can use such as datagrid , dataview or datalist which can present records
for a region with heading for that region skip a line and then display the
other.

Thanks

Manny

Elton Wang

Hi Manny,

There are a couple of ways to achieve it, Crystal Reports,
Repeater + datagrid, or Repeater + DataList, and so on.
Using Crystal Reports, you can put region heading in
Header Section and associated data in detail section.
Similarly, you can use Repeater to loop thru regions and
put detailed data in datagrid or datalist that is nested
the Repeater.

HTH

Elton Wang
(e-mail address removed)