Group for Discussing about boost library

Discussion in 'C++' started by Sarath, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. Sarath

    Sarath Guest

    Sarath, Feb 22, 2007

  2. Sarath

    David Harmon Guest

    On 21 Feb 2007 23:45:33 -0800 in comp.lang.c++, "Sarath"
    <> wrote,
    >I've created a new group for discussing about boost library.

    You ignorant turd, who told you that was a good idea? If you have any
    decency in you at all, remove that group from Google before it turns
    into any bigger of a mess.

    The regular Boost newsgroups/mailing lists, created and run by Boost and
    gmane.org, are all you need. The only thing your stillborn ghost-town
    vanity group can accomplish is to spread confusion among those equally
    ignorant as yourself.

    http://boost.org/more/mailing_lists.htm

    David Harmon, Feb 22, 2007

  3. Sarath

    kwikius Guest

    On 22 Feb, 09:11, David Harmon <> wrote:
    > On 21 Feb 2007 23:45:33 -0800 in comp.lang.c++, "Sarath"
    > <> wrote,
    >
    > >I've created a new group for discussing about boost library.

    > You ignorant turd, who told you that was a good idea?

    hmmm Mr Harmon, ... If your bad language and your rude attitude is
    representative of the people on the boost mailing lists forgive me for
    not participating in it.

    regards
    Andy Little

    kwikius, Feb 22, 2007
  4. Sarath

    Rui Maciel Guest

    Sarath wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've created a new group for discussing about boost library. If you
    > are interested please join with it
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/group/boost-library

    Boos already have that covered. Their mailing list covers every conceivable
    topic remotely regarding boost. If that wasn't enough it can be accessed
    through an usenet server through gname.org, along with other nearly 9
    thousand groups.

    So exactly what do you want to achieve with that group?

    Best regards
    Rui Maciel
    --
    Running Kubuntu 6.10 with KDE 3.5.6 and proud of it.
    jabber:

    Rui Maciel, Feb 22, 2007
  5. Sarath

    Mike Smith Guest

    David Harmon wrote:
    > On 21 Feb 2007 23:45:33 -0800 in comp.lang.c++, "Sarath"
    > <> wrote,
    >> I've created a new group for discussing about boost library.

    > You ignorant turd, who told you that was a good idea? If you have any
    > decency in you at all, remove that group from Google before it turns
    > into any bigger of a mess.
    >
    > The regular Boost newsgroups/mailing lists, created and run by Boost and
    > gmane.org, are all you need. The only thing your stillborn ghost-town
    > vanity group can accomplish is to spread confusion among those equally
    > ignorant as yourself.

    Well, that seemed a bit unnecessary.

    --
    Mike Smith

    Mike Smith, Feb 22, 2007
  6. Sarath

    Kai-Uwe Bux Guest

    Mike Smith wrote:

    > David Harmon wrote:
    >> On 21 Feb 2007 23:45:33 -0800 in comp.lang.c++, "Sarath"
    >> <> wrote,
    >>> I've created a new group for discussing about boost library.

    >> You ignorant turd, who told you that was a good idea? If you have any
    >> decency in you at all, remove that group from Google before it turns
    >> into any bigger of a mess.
    >>
    >> The regular Boost newsgroups/mailing lists, created and run by Boost and
    >> gmane.org, are all you need. The only thing your stillborn ghost-town
    >> vanity group can accomplish is to spread confusion among those equally
    >> ignorant as yourself.

    > Well, that seemed a bit unnecessary.

    It is still a little less unnecessary than a google group for discussing the
    boost libraries. I am not a friend of fighting words, but someone needed to
    break it to the OP that creating another place to discuss boost libraries
    is a BadIdea(tm).

    Best

    Kai-Uwe Bux

    Kai-Uwe Bux, Feb 22, 2007