Grouping and bypassing links

Luigi Donatello Asero

Luigi Donatello Asero said:
I created some kind of navigation menu on the page
www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html but I wonder how I could
create grouping and bypassing links out of that.
See http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#group-bypass

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenheterhusrumitalien.html
I read about three methods on that page:
Include a link that allows users to skip over the set of navigation links.
Provide a style sheet that allows users to hide the set of navigation links.
Use the HTML 4.01 MAP element to group links, then identify the group with
the "title" attribute.

How do you allow users to hide the set of navigation links by a style sheets
and what is the advantage with that?

- -
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)

http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/svezia.html
http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenheterhusrumitalien.html

brucie

I created some kind of navigation menu on the page
www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html but I wonder how I could
create grouping and bypassing links out of that.

the use of "skip links" is debatable and on your site pointless
implementing them anyway. if you're concerned about accessibility a
vast improvement would be made if the needless tables were removed.

that example markup is invalid. Ian Jacobs who authored it was killed
in a most painful way shortly after it was discovered. the invalid
markup remains there as a reminder to others how such a simple error
could not only confuse browsers but could in fact cost your life.

Luigi Donatello Asero