Grouping and bypassing links

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 1, 2003.

  1. Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 1, 2003

    news:G1Ieb.31110$...
    > I created some kind of navigation menu on the page
    > www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html but I wonder how I could
    > create grouping and bypassing links out of that.
    > See http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#group-bypass
    >

    > - -
    > Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
    >

    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/svezia.html
    > http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/lagenheterhusrumitalien.html

    I read about three methods on that page:
    Include a link that allows users to skip over the set of navigation links.
    Provide a style sheet that allows users to hide the set of navigation links.
    Use the HTML 4.01 MAP element to group links, then identify the group with
    the "title" attribute.

    How do you allow users to hide the set of navigation links by a style sheets
    and what is the advantage with that?

    - -

    Luigi Donatello Asero, Oct 1, 2003

  3. Luigi Donatello Asero

    brucie Guest

    In post <G1Ieb.31110$>
    Luigi Donatello Asero said...

    > I created some kind of navigation menu on the page
    > www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html but I wonder how I could
    > create grouping and bypassing links out of that.

    the use of "skip links" is debatable and on your site pointless
    implementing them anyway. if you're concerned about accessibility a
    vast improvement would be made if the needless tables were removed.

    > See http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG10-HTML-TECHS/#group-bypass

    that example markup is invalid. Ian Jacobs who authored it was killed
    in a most painful way shortly after it was discovered. the invalid
    markup remains there as a reminder to others how such a simple error
    could not only confuse browsers but could in fact cost your life.

    --
    02/October/2003 08:10:38 am
    brucie, Oct 1, 2003
  4. "brucie" <-html.org> skrev i meddelandet
    > In post <G1Ieb.31110$>
    > Luigi Donatello Asero said...
    >
    > > I created some kind of navigation menu on the page
    > > www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html but I wonder how I could
    > > create grouping and bypassing links out of that.

    > the use of "skip links" is debatable and on your site pointless
    > implementing them anyway. if you're concerned about accessibility a
    > vast improvement would be made if the needless tables were removed.

    To use DIV instead of tables?
    How do you fix its position?
    With position: absolute; ?

    - -