Grouping Commonly-used Methods

Myk Quayce

I'm writing a website using Notepad and ASP.NET and C#, and I'm trying to
determine the best way of grouping commonly-used methods so they can be
accessed by many .aspx pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Craig Deelsnyder

Myk said:
I'm writing a website using Notepad and ASP.NET and C#, and I'm trying to
determine the best way of grouping commonly-used methods so they can be
accessed by many .aspx pages.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Definitely in a class, actually I should say classes, laid out in an
object model that makes sense to your application; this organization can
be more involved if you know some OO, or usually more novice users
create what are essentially utility classes (classes w/ static methods).

Now if these are all page-specific methods, you could have a class
inherit from Page (e.g. BasePage) and put them in there, then change all
of your existing aspx classes to inherit from BasePage.

HTH, even tho I didn't know your comfort level w/ OO....