grouping controls together

Robert Smith

Hi,
I have several dropdownList controls on my form and I wish to loop
through them all and find the selected value and then concatenate them
together into a string. The problem is I can't find a way to group the
controls together so that I can loop through them, If I put them in a panel I
get a compilation error.

If wish to go
foreach (Control MyControl in ??????)
{
if (typeof(mycontrol) is dropdownlist)
{
mystring = mystring + mycontrol.selectedvalue

The problem is with the grouping together of the controls not the string
concatenation. How can I group the controls so that I can loop through them?
Thanx in advance

Robert

2

2ioconseil - fabrice

You must regroup all the controls in a Panel for example.

And then in tour code-behind:

foreach (Control MyControl in Panel.controls)

Alex Meleta

Hi Robert,

You can use Table, Placeholder or such containers for this.

Regards,
Alex Meleta
[Tech Blog: http://devkids.blogspot.com]