GTK2: no images are displayed

netnobbi

Hi!

I'm using (the first time) GTK2 to build a GUI application under
windows.
Up to now everything worked fine. But now I have a problem:
Im using the function gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file to generate a
gdk-pixbuf. The program compiles and runs, but no images are displayed.
It simply doesn't work.
When I have a look at the delivered GError I get an error of the domain
"GDK_PIXBUF_ERROR", Code 3 (which means GDK_PIXBUF_ERROR_UNKNOWN_TYPE).
It absolutely doesn't matter what kind of Image I try to load (jpg,
bmp, xpm, tif). It never works.
I think, I also have installed all necessary libs. Other GTK-based
programs (e. g. the gimp) work fine on this computer.

If anyone has a hint or an idea, I'd be very happy! Thanks in advance,

netnobbi

Victor Bazarov

netnobbi said:
I'm using (the first time) GTK2 to build a GUI application under
windows.
Up to now everything worked fine. But now I have a problem:
Im using the function gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file to generate a
gdk-pixbuf. The program compiles and runs, but no images are displayed.
[..]

If anyone has a hint or an idea, I'd be very happy! Thanks in advance,

Hint: wrong newsgroup. We talk C++ _language_ here, and GTK2 is not part
of it.

Phlip

netnobbi said:
Hi!

I'm using (the first time) GTK2 to build a GUI application under
windows.

Hi!

Questions about specific libraries will get the best answers on their
specific mailing lists. The odds you encounter people who have hit this
problem are higher there.

This newsgroup should not try to answer, because if one of us took a guess,
the others would not be able to review and adjust their reply.