    container." Is this a true statement?

    Thanks,
    Hal
    Hal Fulton, Apr 6, 2004

  2. il Tue, 6 Apr 2004 15:26:03 +0900, Hal Fulton
    <> ha scritto::

    >I've been working for several hours now on something that is probably a
    >mixture of genius and idiocy.
    >
    >I have a very general GTK question. (My knowledge here has always been
    >limited -- just a few small apps, playing with widgets.)
    >
    >"Every widget in GTK can be classified as a container or not a
    >container." Is this a true statement?

    is'nt this a tautology ?
    a or not a == true
    :)

    Have you looked at the widget hierarchy shown from rbbr ?

    widget:
    \-calendar
    \-container
    \-DrawingArea
    \-Entry
    \-invisible
    \-misc
    \-process
    \-range
    \-ruler
    \-separator
    gabriele renzi, Apr 6, 2004

  3. Hal Fulton

    Aredridel Guest

    > I've been working for several hours now on something that is probably a
    > mixture of genius and idiocy.
    >
    > I have a very general GTK question. (My knowledge here has always been
    > limited -- just a few small apps, playing with widgets.)
    >
    > "Every widget in GTK can be classified as a container or not a
    > container." Is this a true statement?

    True.

    Button --> Container
    Label --> Not
    Box --> Container (and supports multiple children)
    Menu Item --> Container

    I think some of the shortcuts in GTK make it somewhat less than obvious
    at times, but when it comes down to it, it's a true statement.

    Ari
    Aredridel, Apr 6, 2004