gtkwave 3.3.8 is available, note on OS X

bybell

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkwave/files/

Note that it appears there are some issues with zlib on some but not
all Mac systems, specifically the gzdopen function failing. If
someone has a Mac, can't read the file examples/transaction.fst, and
would like to debug why this is the case, by all means please do so.

I should be getting my hands on a Mac development box in a week or two
and will try to duplicate this problem on it. It potentially looks
like an incomplete upgrade on zlib but I'm not sure.

-Tony

Maurice

bybell said:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gtkwave/files/

Note that it appears there are some issues with zlib on some but not
all Mac systems, specifically the gzdopen function failing. If
someone has a Mac, can't read the file examples/transaction.fst, and
would like to debug why this is the case, by all means please do so.

I should be getting my hands on a Mac development box in a week or two
and will try to duplicate this problem on it. It potentially looks
like an incomplete upgrade on zlib but I'm not sure.

-Tony

I've downloaded gtkwave-3.3.8.tar.gz, unzipped it, but I didn't found any
exe file to install it on my win xp sp3. what's the trick?

thank you

bybell

The URL Tony mentions contains only a source release, no binaries. The
trick is to  have your own compiler, libraries and build the binary
you want. Or you can get it from here:http://www.dspia.com/gtkwave.html

You probably want to re-build against 3.3.9. It fixes a DnD bug
introduced around 3.3.7 that can crash the GUI.

-Tony

bybell

I should be getting my hands on a Mac development box in a week or two
and will try to duplicate this problem on it. It potentially looks
like an incomplete upgrade on zlib but I'm not sure.

It looks like the FST reader problem on OS X is now fixed in the
3.3.10 tarball release. If anybody has any issues, please send me a
note: the problem now would likely be an addition required to the #if
defined() at the top of fstapi.c for Apple.

Thanks,
-Tony

bybell

Most of the new features in this version revolve around Tcl support
enhancements, the main new feature being the addition of Tcl callback
procedures which can triggered by various GUI and viewer operations.
This will provide far tighter integration with external tools.

-Tony

bybell

New for 3.3.12 is better feature parity between the MinGW (Windows)
and Linux versions in areas dealing with creation of external
processes. Windows now supports process and transaction filters.

-Tony