Guestbook recommendations?

©

©®

I used to have a website at Geocities years ago and used their guestbook
service.
Is there anything I can use now on my own webspace which is freeware
(and preferably no ads etc.) or any script "thing" I can use to make my
own.
Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
the html community.
thanks

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [©®] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:17 \__
I used to have a website at Geocities years ago and used their guestbook
service.
Is there anything I can use now on my own webspace which is freeware
(and preferably no ads etc.) or any script "thing" I can use to make my
own.
Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
the html community.
thanks

One of your main concerns should be guestbook spam. That phenomenon is quite
prolific and has become a real plague due to automated scripts. Ever since I
changed over to Lazarus, I have not had a single item of spam.

http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/

Beforehand, spam flooded in on a daily basis. You will need to have decent
understanding of how to create a database and also be able to edit a few
variable in a PHP file.

Roy