    Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
    the html community.
    thanks
    ©®, Oct 26, 2005

  2. __/ [©®] on Wednesday 26 October 2005 15:17 \__

    > I used to have a website at Geocities years ago and used their guestbook
    > service.
    > Is there anything I can use now on my own webspace which is freeware
    > (and preferably no ads etc.) or any script "thing" I can use to make my
    > own.
    > Sporry, but I don't know anything about scripts so am needing help from
    > the html community.
    > thanks

    One of your main concerns should be guestbook spam. That phenomenon is quite
    prolific and has become a real plague due to automated scripts. Ever since I
    changed over to Lazarus, I have not had a single item of spam.

    http://carbonize.co.uk/Lazarus/

    Beforehand, spam flooded in on a daily basis. You will need to have decent
    understanding of how to create a database and also be able to edit a few
    variable in a PHP file.

    Roy

    --
    Roy S. Schestowitz | Useless fact: Digits 772-777 of Pi are 999999
    http://Schestowitz.com | SuSE Linux | PGP-Key: 74572E8E
    Roy Schestowitz, Oct 26, 2005