guestbook

Johan

Hello,

I can't get this guestbook right working !
Can someone fill in exact how it must be like please?

do I make the "guestbook.cgi" file in a texteditor and just save as .cgi ??
How can I see it on the screen in the guestbook.html ?

See examples please, thanks.

FILL-IN.html :

<head>
<title> Titel </title>
</head>
<form action="/cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi?/HomePageDirectory/" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="OKurl" value="/HomepageDirectory/okurl.html">
Titel <br>
Titel <br>
<input type="text" size=40 name="Naam"><br>
Titel <br>
<input type="text" size=40 name="Email">
Titel url <br>
<input type="text" size=60 name="URL" value="http://"><br>
<input type="submit" name="Eender wat" value="send">
<input type="reset" name="Eender wat maar niet hetzelfde" value="clear">
</form>

okurl.html :

<head>
<title> thanks </title>
</head>

<ahref="/HomePageDirectory/guestbook.html"> hier </a> click.

GUESTBOOK.html :

<head>
<title> My guestbook </title>
</head>
<ENTRIES>
under these tag the text comes

Thanks,

Johan

Hywel Jenkins

Hello,

I can't get this guestbook right working !
Can someone fill in exact how it must be like please?

do I make the "guestbook.cgi" file in a texteditor and just save as .cgi ??
Yes, and set the permissions when you upload it.
How can I see it on the screen in the guestbook.html ?
You probably can't.

You haven't said what the problem is, not what the content of the most
important aspect of the guestbook code is: guestbook.cgi.

Why not just go to http://cgi.resourceindex.com/ and download one. If
you're doing this to learn to develop CGI applications, you may be
starting off with a project that's a bit too hard - at the moment.

Have a look at http://www.php.net/. Many people find PHP easier to pick
up that other CGI languages such as PERL.

Davmagic com

From: (e-mail address removed) (Johan)
Hello,
I can't get this guestbook right working !
Can someone fill in exact how it must be
like please?

If you're not good at using a CGI Script... which can be quite
intimidating for some, you can build a Guestbook using HTML Forms, and
simply use a Remotely Hosted Server to Process the input data, and send
it to your email, from which you can "manually" add it to your Guestbook
page source!

For more... See Forms on the Menu on this page:
http://davmagic.com/PAGES38.html

Here's my "Home Made" Guestbook: http://davmagic.com/PAGES51.html

Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
INFO 2000 For You
http://www.davmagic.com
See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp