guestbook

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Johan, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. Johan

    Johan Guest

    Hello,

    I can't get this guestbook right working !
    Can someone fill in exact how it must be like please?

    do I make the "guestbook.cgi" file in a texteditor and just save as .cgi ??
    How can I see it on the screen in the guestbook.html ?

    See examples please, thanks.

    FILL-IN.html :

    <head>
    <title> Titel </title>
    </head>
    <form action="/cgi-bin/guestbook.cgi?/HomePageDirectory/" method="POST">
    <input type="hidden" name="OKurl" value="/HomepageDirectory/okurl.html">
    Titel <br>
    Titel <br>
    <input type="text" size=40 name="Naam"><br>
    Titel <br>
    <input type="text" size=40 name="Email">
    Titel url <br>
    <input type="text" size=60 name="URL" value="http://"><br>
    <input type="submit" name="Eender wat" value="send">
    <input type="reset" name="Eender wat maar niet hetzelfde" value="clear">
    </form>

    okurl.html :

    <head>
    <title> thanks </title>
    </head>

    <ahref="/HomePageDirectory/guestbook.html"> hier </a> click.

    GUESTBOOK.html :

    <head>
    <title> My guestbook </title>
    </head>
    <ENTRIES>
    under these tag the text comes

    Thanks,

    Johan
    Johan, Jul 22, 2003

  2. In article <JOhTa.27094$-ops.be>,
    says...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I can't get this guestbook right working !
    > Can someone fill in exact how it must be like please?
    >
    > do I make the "guestbook.cgi" file in a texteditor and just save as .cgi ??

    Yes, and set the permissions when you upload it.

    > How can I see it on the screen in the guestbook.html ?

    You probably can't.

    You haven't said what the problem is, not what the content of the most
    important aspect of the guestbook code is: guestbook.cgi.

    Why not just go to http://cgi.resourceindex.com/ and download one. If
    you're doing this to learn to develop CGI applications, you may be
    starting off with a project that's a bit too hard - at the moment.

    Have a look at http://www.php.net/. Many people find PHP easier to pick
    up that other CGI languages such as PERL.

    --
    Hywel I do not each quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Hywel Jenkins, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Johan

    Davmagic com Guest

    >From: (Johan)
    >Hello,
    >I can't get this guestbook right working !
    >Can someone fill in exact how it must be
    >like please?

    If you're not good at using a CGI Script... which can be quite
    intimidating for some, you can build a Guestbook using HTML Forms, and
    simply use a Remotely Hosted Server to Process the input data, and send
    it to your email, from which you can "manually" add it to your Guestbook
    page source!

    For more... See Forms on the Menu on this page:
    http://davmagic.com/PAGES38.html

    Here's my "Home Made" Guestbook: http://davmagic.com/PAGES51.html

    Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
    INFO 2000 For You
    http://www.davmagic.com
    See how your webpages look on a MSN-TV Browser:
    Download it here: http://developer.msntv.com/Tools/msntvvwr.asp
    Davmagic com, Jul 22, 2003