    not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
    thanks
    david
    emekadavid, May 30, 2008

  2. emekadavid wrote:
    > can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
    > not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts

    Anyway Netbeans does.

    --
    Andrea Francia
    http://andreafrancia.blogspot.com/
    Andrea Francia, May 30, 2008

  3. emekadavid

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    emekadavid wrote:
    > can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
    > not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts

    If not NetBeans then Eclipse with VE plugin or JDeveloper.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, May 31, 2008
  4. emekadavid

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:46:13 -0700 (PDT), emekadavid
    who said :

    >can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
    >not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
    >thanks

    from what I have heard Netbeans is the state of the art . You will
    have to wait a few years to get something better. You can experment
    with others. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

    Paul van Keep from the Netherlands showed me something perhaps 9 years
    ago that was very slick he wrote.
    --

    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, May 31, 2008
  5. emekadavid

    emekadavid Guest

    On May 31, 9:03 am, Roedy Green <>
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:46:13 -0700 (PDT), emekadavid
    > who said :
    >
    > >can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
    > >not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
    > >thanks

    > from what I have heard Netbeans is the state of the art . You will
    > have to wait a few years to get something better. You can experment
    > with others. Seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
    >
    > Paul van Keep from the Netherlands showed me something perhaps 9 years
    > ago that was very slick he wrote.
    > --
    >
    > Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    > The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    tio
    netbeans uses a layout that's confusing. maybe i'll look into the
    documentation if i can customise the default layout manager for the
    builder. the one i tried before was an architectural :) layout that's
    horizontal and vertically perspectived.
    going to check for customing it
    emekadavid, May 31, 2008
  6. emekadavid wrote:
    > On May 31, 9:03 am, Roedy Green <>
    > wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:46:13 -0700 (PDT), emekadavid
    >> <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
    >> who said :
    >>
    >>> can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
    >>> not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
    >>> thanks

    >> from what I have heard Netbeans is the state of the art . You will
    >> have to wait a few years to get something better. You can experment
    >> with others. Seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
    >>
    >> Paul van Keep from the Netherlands showed me something perhaps 9 years
    >> ago that was very slick he wrote.
    >> --
    >>
    >> Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    >> The Java Glossaryhttp://mindprod.com

    > tio
    > netbeans uses a layout that's confusing. maybe i'll look into the
    > documentation if i can customise the default layout manager for the
    > builder. the one i tried before was an architectural :) layout that's
    > horizontal and vertically perspectived.
    > going to check for customing it

    Following the tutorials you need no more that 30 minutes to learn an no
    more that 1 hour to mastering the default layout used in Netbeans.

    Andrea Francia, May 31, 2008
  7. emekadavid

    Nigel Wade Guest

    emekadavid wrote:

    > On May 31, 9:03 am, Roedy Green <>
    > wrote:
    >> On Fri, 30 May 2008 11:46:13 -0700 (PDT), emekadavid
    >> <> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone
    >> who said :
    >>
    >> >can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
    >> >not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
    >> >thanks

    >> from what I have heard Netbeans is the state of the art . You will
    >> have to wait a few years to get something better. You can experment
    >> with others. Seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html
    >>
    >> Paul van Keep from the Netherlands showed me something perhaps 9 years
    >> ago that was very slick he wrote.

    > netbeans uses a layout that's confusing.

    AFAIK NetBeans supports all of the layouts which are available in the current
    API. Layout managers can be confusing, but if you are having problems then
    perhaps you should do some more reading on the subject. Have you read the Sun
    tutorial on Swing, which has a section on layout managers?

    > maybe i'll look into the
    > documentation if i can customise the default layout manager for the
    > builder. the one i tried before was an architectural :) layout that's
    > horizontal and vertically perspectived.
    > going to check for customing it

    You don't have to use the default layout. I think the default layout is
    SpringLayout which may not be the one you want. All it requires is a couple of
    clicks of the mouse to select a different one.

    --
    Nigel Wade
    Nigel Wade, Jun 2, 2008