gui builder

emekadavid

can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
thanks
david

Andrea Francia

emekadavid said:
can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts Anyway Netbeans does.
thanks
david

Arne Vajhøj

emekadavid said:
can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts

If not NetBeans then Eclipse with VE plugin or JDeveloper.

Arne

Roedy Green

can anyone recommend a gui builder for me? a very good one?
not netbeans pls :) i want something that does all the layouts
thanks

from what I have heard Netbeans is the state of the art . You will
have to wait a few years to get something better. You can experment
with others. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

Paul van Keep from the Netherlands showed me something perhaps 9 years
ago that was very slick he wrote.

emekadavid

from what I have heard Netbeans is the state of the art . You will
have to wait a few years to get something better. You can experment
with others. Seehttp://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

Paul van Keep from the Netherlands showed me something perhaps 9 years
ago that was very slick he wrote.
tio
netbeans uses a layout that's confusing. maybe i'll look into the
documentation if i can customise the default layout manager for the
builder. the one i tried before was an architectural :) layout that's
horizontal and vertically perspectived.
going to check for customing it

Andrea Francia

emekadavid said:
tio
netbeans uses a layout that's confusing. maybe i'll look into the
documentation if i can customise the default layout manager for the
builder. the one i tried before was an architectural :) layout that's
horizontal and vertically perspectived.
going to check for customing it

Following the tutorials you need no more that 30 minutes to learn an no
more that 1 hour to mastering the default layout used in Netbeans.

Nigel Wade

emekadavid said:
netbeans uses a layout that's confusing.

AFAIK NetBeans supports all of the layouts which are available in the current
API. Layout managers can be confusing, but if you are having problems then
perhaps you should do some more reading on the subject. Have you read the Sun
tutorial on Swing, which has a section on layout managers?
maybe i'll look into the
documentation if i can customise the default layout manager for the
builder. the one i tried before was an architectural :) layout that's
horizontal and vertically perspectived.
going to check for customing it

You don't have to use the default layout. I think the default layout is
SpringLayout which may not be the one you want. All it requires is a couple of
clicks of the mouse to select a different one.