    powerful/useful/sophisticated are they (specifically compared to
    Java's Swing)? Where can I find more information on this topic?
    Thanks.
    Mike W, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Mike W

    Jeff Schwab Guest

    Mike W wrote:
    > What are the GUI capabilities of C++, and how
    > powerful/useful/sophisticated are they (specifically compared to
    > Java's Swing)? Where can I find more information on this topic?

    The C++ language and standard libraries have no direct support for
    GUI's. GUI's are developed using separate libraries, many of which are
    in wide use and are well supported. I hear particularly good things
    about wxWidgets and Qt.

    C++ is generally considered an excellent language for GUI development.
    Jeff Schwab, Apr 18, 2004