    level of tabs hide/show divs!.

    thanks

    mark

    mark | r, Sep 18, 2003

  2. mark | r

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "mark | r" <> wrote:

    >hi there, ive just submitted http;//www.neue.co.uk/typepad.htm to
    >alt.html.critique and theyve gone off on a rant about the similarities
    >between moz firebird and ie ???
    >
    >i am looking for feedback on this pages 'accessibility' and would appreciate
    >comments and tips on keyboard based navigation of the page as the second
    >level of tabs hide/show divs!.

    All the navigation links sit on top of each other in Opera 7 unless I
    turn CSS off.

    Right old mess in Netscape 4, if this is for a public facing web site
    I would hide all (or almost all) the CSS from NN4 so they get a plain
    but functional version.

    Keyboard navigation, In IE6 when tabbing through the links the top row
    of links are accessed right to left, which isn't a problem per se but
    did confuse me for a moment.

    Keyboard access to the content sections via the second level nav
    worked okay in IE6 (with JS and CSS enabled) and in Opera (with JS and
    CSS disabled).

    However, if JavaScript is disabled but CSS enabled then the content of
    the divs is totally inaccessible. Have them all visible by default,
    and use JS to hide them, rather than hard coding the initial hiding
    into the basic CSS.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Sep 18, 2003