GUI for viewing/editing python data structures?

Joshua J. Kugler

A while back, I seem to remember coming across a small program that could
view and edit python data structures via a nice expanding tree view. I'm
now in need of something like that (to verify data is imported correctly
into a shelve file) and having a GUI would be much simpler than trying to
wade through the output of str(d) or repr(d).

I've tried googling with the obvious keywords (gui (view OR edit) python
data structures) but t didn't get me anywhere.

Pointers?

Paddy

A while back, I seem to remember coming across a small program that could
view and edit python data structures via a nice expanding tree view. I'm
now in need of something like that (to verify data is imported correctly
into a shelve file) and having a GUI would be much simpler than trying to
wade through the output of str(d) or repr(d).

I've tried googling with the obvious keywords (gui (view OR edit) python
data structures) but t didn't get me anywhere.

The magic googling phrase is:
Python bean-editor

Which gave http://home.gna.org/oomadness/en/editobj/index.html

I've never used it. Could you tell me how you get on?

- Paddy.

timaranz

A while back, I seem to remember coming across a small program that could
view and edit python data structures via a nice expanding tree view. I'm
now in need of something like that (to verify data is imported correctly
into a shelve file) and having a GUI would be much simpler than trying to
wade through the output of str(d) or repr(d).

I've tried googling with the obvious keywords (gui (view OR edit) python
data structures) but t didn't get me anywhere.

Pointers?

Try any of the good Python IDE's and use breakpoints and the watch
window. I like wing IDE from wingware.com - they have a free version
now.