[GUI] Good frameworks for Windows/Mac?

Gilles

Hello

I need to write a small GUI application that should run on Windows and
Mac.

What open-source framework would you recommend? I just need basic
widgets (button, listbox, etc.) and would rather a solution that can
get me up and running fast.

I know about wxWidgets and Qt: Are there other good options I should
know about?

Thank you.

Vlastimil Brom

2013/8/6 Gilles said:
Hello

I need to write a small GUI application that should run on Windows and
Mac.

What open-source framework would you recommend? I just need basic
widgets (button, listbox, etc.) and would rather a solution that can
get me up and running fast.

I know about wxWidgets and Qt: Are there other good options I should
know about?

Thank you.

Hi,
I mostly use wxPython myself, but if you just need some basic widgets
and not some very complex or non-standard layouts, the tkinter -
available in the standard library - might be perfectly viable.
http://docs.python.org/3.3/library/tk.html
The more recent versions of python also support ttk and Tix which has
further possibilities, styling etc.
There is further e.g. Python GUI
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/

and several others
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming

hth,
vbr

Gilles

I mostly use wxPython myself, but if you just need some basic widgets
and not some very complex or non-standard layouts, the tkinter -
available in the standard library - might be perfectly viable.
http://docs.python.org/3.3/library/tk.html
The more recent versions of python also support ttk and Tix which has
further possibilities, styling etc.
There is further e.g. Python GUI
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/greg.ewing/python_gui/

and several others
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GuiProgramming

Thanks for the links. I'll play with Tkinter, and if it's not good
enough, check the alternatives.

sagar varule

Hello

I need to write a small GUI application that should run on Windows and

Mac.

What open-source framework would you recommend? I just need basic

widgets (button, listbox, etc.) and would rather a solution that can

get me up and running fast.

I know about wxWidgets and Qt: Are there other good options I should

know about?

Thank you.

Pyside is also Good. It has a Designer which can be helpful.