    super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.

    Thanks

    , Mar 29, 2006

  2. I. Myself Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
    > a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
    > and show results).
    >
    > Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
    > want a long learning curve.
    >
    > I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
    >

    > Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
    > super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.
    >
    > Thanks

    I've had very good results with Tkinter, which is the standard Python
    GUI system. On windows, it comes with the standard download. With
    linux you have to download it separately.

    Mitchell Timin

    --
    I'm proud of http://ANNEvolve.sourceforge.net. I'm currently working on a
    major update of the SailChallenge package. If you want to write software,

    Humans may know that my email address is: (but remove the 3 digit number)
    zenguy at shaw666 dot ca

    I. Myself, Mar 29, 2006

  3. Peter Decker Guest

    On 29 Mar 2006 14:20:03 -0800,
    <> wrote:

    > I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
    > a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
    > and show results).
    >
    > Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
    > want a long learning curve.
    >
    > I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
    >

    > Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
    > super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.

    You might want to look at Dabo. Not only do they wrap wxPython to make
    its API more Pythonic, but they now have visual design tools that make
    it very simple to create a UI. http://dabodev.com

    I've been using Dabo for a few months now, and can't say enough good
    things about it.
    --

    # p.d.

    Peter Decker, Mar 30, 2006

    , Mar 30, 2006
  5. Hello!

    I think this library is enough old, isn't it? Version 0.72 was released
    on 2004-06-20.

    Nicolay

    Nicolay A. Vasiliev, Mar 30, 2006

  7. Eric Brunel Guest

    On 29 Mar 2006 14:20:03 -0800, <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am a python newbie and have used it for about a month. I want to make
    > a simple GUI app in Python ( I take input form user and do processing
    > and show results).
    >
    > Which gui package is good for me. I need to do it quick and I would not
    > want a long learning curve.
    >
    > I was taking look at wxPython, pyGTK etc.
    >

    > Please suggest me the most simplest and easiest one as I dont need
    > super cool aesthetics just a plain simple GUI app.

    This site will allow you to decide for yourself based on the important
    criteria for you:
    http://www.awaretek.com/toolkits.html

    HTH
    'U(17zX(%,5.zmz5(17l8(%,5.Z*(93-965$l7+-'])"

    Eric Brunel, Mar 30, 2006

    , Mar 30, 2006
  9. A friend of mine recently used PythonCard and he found it pretty good.
    I use wxPython, which is what PythonCard is based on, and I think it's
    very good, but it's more work to get started with than PythonCard.

    --
    Want to play tabletop RPGs over the internet?
    Check out Koboldsoft RPZen: http://www.koboldsoft.com

    Dave Mandelin, Mar 30, 2006