GUI interface builder for python

L@D@n

Which is the best GUI interface builder with drag and drop
capabilities.
I am using Ubuntu GNU/Linux.
Please help me.
Thank you.

Jaseem

Which is the best GUI interface builder with drag and drop
capabilities.
I am using Ubuntu GNU/Linux.
Please help me.
Thank you.

There are many GUI builders for python. (Have to deal with the
licensing issues.)
Qt has a GUI builder.
Glade (GTK+) for python is also good.
Boa constructor is also nice.

Hendrik van Rooyen

Which is the best GUI interface builder with drag and drop
capabilities.
I am using Ubuntu GNU/Linux.
Please help me.
Thank you.

Have a look at Boa Constructor.

- Hendrik

sturlamolden

Which is the best GUI interface builder with drag and drop
capabilities.
I am using Ubuntu GNU/Linux.

PyGTK --> GLADE

xwPython --> wxFormBuilder

PyQt --> QtDesigner

Che M

boa is really nice..

Boa (Boa Constructor) is really nice for wxPython GUI
work, but it has some bugs when using Linux that might
be dealbreakers for the user. At least I have had
problems on Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit (but none or very few
with WinXP).

For those that might care, they are (as of now, Boa
0.6.1-4) are:

- The File -> New option is cut off in the menu. But
that can be gotten around by using the Palette to choose
the same options.

- No gridlines in the Frame Designer (makes it harder
to use)

- Some problems with the height of the rows in the
Inspector, at least with 64 bit Ubuntu, some of which
can be fixed with this workaround:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/boa-constructor/+bug/313952
and there is a note there saying it has been patched
in a 0.6.1-6 version in a Debian repository. Haven't tried.

- I have had some random shutdowns, but not many.

Che

sturlamolden

Boa (Boa Constructor) is really nice for wxPython GUI
work, but it has some bugs when using Linux that might
be dealbreakers for the user.  At least I have had
problems on Ubuntu 8.10 64 bit (but none or very few

I prefer wxFormBuilder over Boa.