    scratch if I ever manage to upgrade.

    Any suggestions?

    , Oct 7, 2005

  2. Rob Cowie Guest

    FYI... the preinstalled python distributed with OS X 10.4 includes the
    Tk and wxPython GUI frameworks. I am unaware of how to get either of
    these installed on OS 9.

    Rob Cowie, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Robert Kern Guest

    wrote:
    > I am using Python 2.3.3 on an Mac OS9 system. I am looking for a build
    > of Python 2.3.3+ with a built in GUI, since Tk is missing. One day I
    > hope to upgrade to a new Mac with OSX on it, so a GUI that is available
    > on OS9 and OSX is preferable. I don't want to write my GUI code from
    > scratch if I ever manage to upgrade.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Try as hard as you can to get Tkinter running.

    But if that fails, look at what the IDE is using. I believe the waste
    module is still distributed with some versions of MacPython for OS X
    (none of them recent). I don't think there's a whole lot of
    documentation, but if Tkinter won't work, that's your only bet.

    --
    Robert Kern

    -- Richard Harter

    Robert Kern, Oct 8, 2005