GUI on Macintosh

Joshua.R.English

I am using Python 2.3.3 on an Mac OS9 system. I am looking for a build
of Python 2.3.3+ with a built in GUI, since Tk is missing. One day I
hope to upgrade to a new Mac with OSX on it, so a GUI that is available
on OS9 and OSX is preferable. I don't want to write my GUI code from
scratch if I ever manage to upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Rob Cowie

FYI... the preinstalled python distributed with OS X 10.4 includes the
Tk and wxPython GUI frameworks. I am unaware of how to get either of
these installed on OS 9.

Robert Kern

I am using Python 2.3.3 on an Mac OS9 system. I am looking for a build
of Python 2.3.3+ with a built in GUI, since Tk is missing. One day I
hope to upgrade to a new Mac with OSX on it, so a GUI that is available
on OS9 and OSX is preferable. I don't want to write my GUI code from
scratch if I ever manage to upgrade.

Any suggestions?

Try as hard as you can to get Tkinter running.

But if that fails, look at what the IDE is using. I believe the waste
module is still distributed with some versions of MacPython for OS X
(none of them recent). I don't think there's a whole lot of
documentation, but if Tkinter won't work, that's your only bet.

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter