    GUI doesn't show up until I close the IDLE edit window and the Python
    shell window. Does anybody have any idea?

    - huwind

    huwind, Apr 28, 2004

  2. huwind

    Cy Edmunds Guest

    "huwind" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a problem with Python IDLE to run Tkinter application. I use
    > thread to start a Tkinter application. It works fine on Linux when I
    > invoke the program from command line. But when I try to use IDLE, the
    > GUI doesn't show up until I close the IDLE edit window and the Python
    > shell window. Does anybody have any idea?
    >
    > - huwind

    Have a look at:

    http://www.ferg.org/thinking_in_tkinter/index.html

    Evidently IDLE is itself a TKinter program.

    --
    Cy
    http://home.rochester.rr.com/cyhome/

    Cy Edmunds, Apr 29, 2004

  3. huwind

    Steve Holden Guest

    huwind wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I got a problem with Python IDLE to run Tkinter application. I use
    > thread to start a Tkinter application. It works fine on Linux when I
    > invoke the program from command line. But when I try to use IDLE, the
    > GUI doesn't show up until I close the IDLE edit window and the Python
    > shell window. Does anybody have any idea?

    IDLE is itself a Tkinter application, so you are probably experiencing
    conflict between the main loop of the two applications. It's a bit like
    getting into your car to drive from the front seat of your car to the
    back seat ...

    This is confirmed by the fact that the program runs fine independently.

    regards
    STeve

    Steve Holden, Apr 29, 2004