    I include to my code. That's a standard windows header
    not modified. What is going on with the compiler?

    UF

    Ufit, Oct 12, 2005

  2. Ufit wrote:
    > I can't figure it out - doing this
    >
    > DEFINE_GUID(CLSID_MYCL,......);
    >
    > I always get an error
    > 'error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_MYCL'
    >
    > Why is that - I got lot's of GUIDs in separate header which
    > I include to my code. That's a standard windows header
    > not modified. What is going on with the compiler?

    You need to ask in your compiler newsgroup. DEFINE_GUID is not a standard
    construct, thus it is off-topic in comp.lang.c++. General solution to
    "unresolved external" (or "undefined reference" or the like) linker errors
    is to define the symbol reported. How, depends on the situation. Often
    it's just a function that is missing its body (declared but not defined),
    sometimes it's a missing library. Microsoft people who frequent
    'microsoft.public.vc.language' would probably know for sure.

    Victor Bazarov, Oct 12, 2005