GUID values repeating

stjulian

IN IIS 6.0, classic .asp

I have been creating new GUID's through this block of code

set typ = server.createobject("Scriptlet.TypeLib")
guid = TRIM(MID(cstr(typ.GUID),2,36))
Response.Cookies("guid") = guid
Response.Cookies("guid").path = "/"
Response.Cookies("guid").expires = now() + 1
set typ = nothing

Lateley, some visitors to the website are actually receiving the same guid.

How is this possible? Is there a process that may be used to reset the guid
delevery sysem?

Julian

stjulian

They are entered into a database and I have seen repeats from different IP
addresses.

Julian

Tim Williams

....and how do you know they're not the same user ?
IP address may not be definitive.