Guido.moves_to(California) ?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Roman Suzi, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. Roman Suzi

    Roman Suzi Guest

    Reading PythonDev I've just found this

    GvR:
    """
    Last night at OSCON I announced that I am moving to California. I
    have accepted a new job at Elemental Security, a security software
    startup in San Mateo. You may have heard of one of the founders, Dan
    Farmer, who is the (co-)author of several well-known free security
    checking programs: Satan, Titan and The Coroner's Toolkit.
    """

    I was not very surprised to hear that, but I wonder if it means
    new licenses coming:

    >>> license()

    Release Derived Year Owner GPL-
    from compatible? (1)

    0.9.0 thru 1.2 1991-1995 CWI yes
    1.3 thru 1.5.2 1.2 1995-1999 CNRI yes
    1.6 1.5.2 2000 CNRI no
    2.0 1.6 2000 BeOpen.com no
    1.6.1 1.6 2001 CNRI yes (2)
    2.1 2.0+1.6.1 2001 PSF no
    2.0.1 2.0+1.6.1 2001 PSF yes
    2.1.1 2.1+2.0.1 2001 PSF yes
    2.2 2.1.1 2001 PSF yes
    2.1.2 2.1.1 2002 PSF yes
    2.1.3 2.1.2 2002 PSF yes
    2.2.1 2.2 2002 PSF yes
    2.2.2 2.2.1 2002 PSF yes
    2.3 2.2.2 2002-2003 PSF yes

    Good luck to Guido!

    Sincerely yours, Roman Suzi
    --
    =\= My AI powered by GNU/Linux RedHat 7.3
    Roman Suzi, Jul 9, 2003