guppy

Juan Declet-Barreto

I am trying to build guppy on Python 2.5, but am getting an "initializer element is not constant" error from gcc. I have found very little on this issue in the fora when looking for the general cause of the error; there is even less that is specific to a guppy build on Python 2.5.

One recommendation I have seen is recompiling Python, but apparently that brings up the possibility of rendering it incompatible with non-standard packages like arcpy or arcgisscripting, which are critical to my application.

I am using Cygwin.