GZRBOT 0.2 BETA1 released

Discussion in 'Python' started by Bart Thate, Mar 3, 2010.

  1. Bart Thate

    Bart Thate Guest

    Hello World !

    Welcome to the world of Active API ;]

    Google released their new Wave API so i quickly ported GZRBOT to the
    new API. Now we can finally push to waves instead of using polling.
    This makes pushing feeds to waves possible, and this is one of the
    main things GZRBOT can do. We now use pubsubhubbub service provided by
    superfeedr.com to fetch our RSS and Atom feeds for us and have them
    pushed to the bot, which we then forward to the waves that have been
    subscribed ( or jabber clients for that matter)

    This release is BETA1 which doesnt mean the code is fixed yet as
    BETA2,3,4 and RC1, 2, 3 etc are still ahead before 0.2 is released. So
    this is kind of bleeding edge and you might want to wait for 0.2.1 or
    so ;]

    If you like to play around with wave/jabber bots on GAE then this is
    the bot for you.

    Code is at the mercurial repo:

    hg clone http://gzrbot.googlecode.com/hg

    Or download the tarball at http://gzrbot.googlecode.com

    Basic documentation is at http://gozerbot.org/gzrdoc and i made a wave
    available if you want to try the bot with me or have questions and
    such:

    https://wave.google.com/wave/#restored:wave:googlewave.com!w%252B51rssVscD

    Hope you enjoy it !

    Bart

    about GZRBOT:

    GZRBOT is a general purpose bot for wave, web and xmpp. It uses a
    plugin
    structure to provide easy programming of commands and callbacks,
    allowing
    you to implement your own "killer plugin".

    GZRBOT comes with some plugins provided, for example:

    - Hubbub plugin that uses superfeedr.com to get RSS feed pushed
    instead of
    pulling them ourselves. This lowers the load on the bot considerably.
    max of 1000 feeds is for free.

    - Watcher plugin that let you watch waves, get notified in jabber when
    your
    waves updates. (the bots sends the updated txt)

    - Wave plugin that provides help with wave management. I'm working
    on wave cloning after say x blips, so that larger conversations can be
    created in google wave. UNDER DEVELOPMENT

    - This is mostly needed for the last plugin i want to mention and that
    is
    the gozernet plugin. The plugin allows for relaying of events between
    GZRBOT (Wave/Web/XMPP) and GOZERBOT (IRC/Jabber). IRC and Wave can be
    bridged this way. UNDER DEVELOPMENT

    GZRBOT is free code (BSD) and can be cloned as needed ;]

    note: as of 0.2 GZRBOT uses the new v2 Wave API and thus needs
    registration with google.
    Bart Thate, Mar 3, 2010