H1-B visa increase coming

special10101

The Immigration Bill being sent to reconciliation includes the
following:

1) Doubling the current number of H1-B visas from 65,000/year to
115,000/year.

2) Every year that the number of visas hits the cap, the number for the
next year will be increase by 20 %. That is, if next year we hit
115,000 visas, 138,750 will be issued for the year after that.

This is a huge number of new visas. As people are very well aware,
there are a huge number of unemployed IT workers. What this bill will
do is greatly increase the number of unemployed IT workers.

How's your job? If you could be replaced by some person on an H1-B
visa, you may wish to call your congressperson and indicate that you
don't favor this.

Once the floodgates open, they will not be closed.

Here's a really good piece on H1-Bs:

http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/itaa.real.html

And, yes, this is on-topic. This board includes discussions of
employment issues. This is ALL about employment issues.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

The Immigration Bill being sent to reconciliation includes the
following:

[something about some proposed legislature of some unspecified country]
And, yes, this is on-topic. This board includes discussions of
employment issues. This is ALL about employment issues.

This "board" is a Usenet newsgroup. And no, employment issues are
not on-topic.
<URL:http://jibbering.com/faq/#FAQ2_2>

/L

Dag Sunde

The Immigration Bill being sent to reconciliation includes the
following:
<snipped/>

Immigration Bill? Congressperson? We don't have those in Norway!
I don't know what country you come from, but I couldn't care less.
And, yes, this is on-topic. This board includes discussions of
employment issues. This is ALL about employment issues.

This is not a "board", it is a USENET Newsgroup. And its charter
most definitely don't encompass emplyment issues.