    tried searching for a solution, but haven't found one.

    Any help would be so gratefully received,
    Kate
    Kate, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Kate

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Kate wrote:

    > I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
    > between the left column and content div.

    Looks fine here. What version are you using?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Feb 19, 2005

  3. Kate

    Kate Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Kate wrote:
    >
    > > I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
    > > between the left column and content div.

    > Looks fine here. What version are you using?
    >
    > --
    > Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    That's odd, as when I view it in Opera. I have the top padding then text but
    none of the bottom padding that's normally placed around the <H> tag,
    instead I have a gap of the same distance as the padding above, but in the
    page background colour. It looks very strange, I have spent last couple of
    days trying to figure out why it was doing it.

    I'm running is version 7.10
    Kate, Feb 19, 2005
  4. Kate

    Spartanicus Guest

    "Kate" <> wrote:

    >> > I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
    >> > between the left column and content div.

    >> Looks fine here. What version are you using?

    >That's odd, as when I view it in Opera. I have the top padding then text but
    >none of the bottom padding that's normally placed around the <H> tag,
    >instead I have a gap of the same distance as the padding above, but in the
    >page background colour. It looks very strange, I have spent last couple of
    >days trying to figure out why it was doing it.
    >
    >I'm running is version 7.10

    Long overdue for an update, both 7.2 and 7.5 fixed a good number of
    bugs.

    Code cleanup suggestion: remove the superfluous div around the h1, add
    the "header div" style rules to the h1, specify the desired padding and
    set the margin to 0.

    Btw, please configure your news reader to strip out sigs, or snip them
    manually when following up.

    --
    Spartanicus
    Spartanicus, Feb 19, 2005
  5. Kate

    Kate Guest

    "Spartanicus" <> wrote in message

    > Code cleanup suggestion: remove the superfluous div around the h1, add
    > the "header div" style rules to the h1, specify the desired padding and
    > set the margin to 0.

    That's great, thank you very much Spartanicus.

    > Btw, please configure your news reader to strip out sigs, or snip them
    > manually when following up.

    Will do!

    Have a good Sunday, and all the best,
    Kate