<H1> causing a gap between head div and left column / content div

Kate

I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
between the left column and content div. As soon as I remove the <H1> tag
the head div falls neatly on top of the left column and content div. Is
this something to do with Opera or have I made a mistake some where? I have
tried searching for a solution, but haven't found one.

Any help would be so gratefully received,
Kate

Toby Inkster

Kate said:
I am totally stumped as to why in Opera the heading tag is causing a gap
between the left column and content div.

Looks fine here. What version are you using?

Kate

Toby Inkster said:
Looks fine here. What version are you using?

That's odd, as when I view it in Opera. I have the top padding then text but
none of the bottom padding that's normally placed around the <H> tag,
instead I have a gap of the same distance as the padding above, but in the
page background colour. It looks very strange, I have spent last couple of
days trying to figure out why it was doing it.

I'm running is version 7.10

Spartanicus

Kate said:
That's odd, as when I view it in Opera. I have the top padding then text but
none of the bottom padding that's normally placed around the <H> tag,
instead I have a gap of the same distance as the padding above, but in the
page background colour. It looks very strange, I have spent last couple of
days trying to figure out why it was doing it.

I'm running is version 7.10

Long overdue for an update, both 7.2 and 7.5 fixed a good number of
bugs.

Code cleanup suggestion: remove the superfluous div around the h1, add
the "header div" style rules to the h1, specify the desired padding and
set the margin to 0.

Btw, please configure your news reader to strip out sigs, or snip them
manually when following up.

Kate

Code cleanup suggestion: remove the superfluous div around the h1, add
the "header div" style rules to the h1, specify the desired padding and
set the margin to 0.

That's great, thank you very much Spartanicus.
Btw, please configure your news reader to strip out sigs, or snip them
manually when following up.

Will do!

Have a good Sunday, and all the best,
Kate