H2: IE/FF JVM fallback from 1.5 to 1.4?

Tim

My company uses Interwoven Worksite but it will not run with JVM 1.5.
It states 1.4 is required. I have 1.4 in several variants that I use
for running Apache and working in Eclipse.

How do I set the JVM for Internet Explorer?
How do I set the JVM for Firefox?
At least in this one feature Firefox ought to be able to kill IE!!!!
C'mon Firefox people.

I referenced the article "flipping between 1.4.2_04 and 1.5" on this ng
earlier but still think there must be a straightforward way.

Also, Sun seems to have installed java.exe and some other javaws.exe
java??.exe into %systemroot% on Windows. This is BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD,
BAD, BAD, BAD. Does Sun intentionally want to fail? Those of us who've
been to *crt*DLL HELL have warned people many times, "This is BAD, BAD,
BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD".

Assuming people will never need to fall back to 1.4 is IDIOTIC. Sun
live in reality rather than a dream world. Where's the $%^$ Control
Panel Applet that allows me to switch what the Web Browser uses? Java
Web Start is a toy AFAICT as I disable 1.5 and it does absolutely
nothing. The four other JVMs (1.4 variants and even a 1.2) are listed
and checked as enabled but apparently
never run (well, 1.4 does run from cmd.exe as I put it in the PATH as
normal).

Just blowing off steam and thinking Java is past its prime now that
they are doing stupid crap like this. Maybe I should start looking for
LAMP light.

TimJowers

cme.exe:
C:\Documents and Settings\Tim.AMDPC>java -version
java version "1.4.1_02"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1_02-b06)

Interwoven Worksite:
Your Browser Settings...
Browser Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Version 6.0
Script Engine JScript
Script Engine Version 5.6.6626
Cookies Enabled Yes
Java Enabled Yes
Java Virtual Machine Sun Microsystems Inc.1.5.0_01
Browser Platform Win32
Expected JVM Version Microsoft JVM (4.79 or Higher) or Sun PlugIn
(1.3.1 or 1.4.2)
Conclusion...
Your browser is properly configured to run WorkSite MP. If you still
encounter problems, please check the following items or contact your
System Administrator.
Browser security level is not set to High.
You do not have the proper browser settings to run WorkSite MP on your
machine. To update your browser settings, select all the items
displayed in RED. Click Verify Browser to confirm that you now have the
proper settings. After you edit any browser setting, click on Verify
Browser again.