<H3> <H4>

Luigi Donatello Asero

Hi!
On the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
I have used <h1> <h2> and <h3>.
Now I have some titles
such as "Italiensk design" and "Svensk design" which are subclasses of
"Distansförsäljning av presentartiklar för heminredning" (which is a
subclass of " Välkommen till Scaiecat Spa Gigi!")

and titles such as
"Sidor om italiensk keramik"
"Sidor om italienska glasartiklar för heminredning" which are subclasses of

"Sidor om italiensk keramik" (where I use <h3>)

and I wonder whether it would be better to use <h4> or just <h3> for titles
such as "Sidor om italiensk keramik"
"Sidor om italienska glasartiklar för heminredning"
because you usually have <h2> and <h3> as subclasses don´t you?

Adrienne

Hi!
On the page http://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv/valkommen.html
I have used <h1> <h2> and <h3>.
Now I have some titles
such as "Italiensk design" and "Svensk design" which are subclasses of
"Distansförsäljning av presentartiklar för heminredning" (which is a
subclass of " Välkommen till Scaiecat Spa Gigi!")

and titles such as
"Sidor om italiensk keramik"
"Sidor om italienska glasartiklar för heminredning" which are
subclasses of

"Sidor om italiensk keramik" (where I use <h3>)

and I wonder whether it would be better to use <h4> or just <h3> for
titles such as "Sidor om italiensk keramik"
"Sidor om italienska glasartiklar för heminredning"
because you usually have <h2> and <h3> as subclasses don´t you?

Use the H1-H6 elements in order of their importance, not for visual
presentation.

H1 - most important - use it for page titles
H2 - second in importance - use to title sections
H3 - third in importance - use to title subsections of H2

Hint: run the page through the validator at http://validator.w3.org and
turn on the Outline option. You will see if your document is using the H1-
H6 elements correctly. See an example: http://tinyurl.com/rhbj

Luigi Donatello Asero

Adrienne said:
Use the H1-H6 elements in order of their importance, not for visual
presentation.

H1 - most important - use it for page titles
H2 - second in importance - use to title sections
H3 - third in importance - use to title subsections of H2

I already use the H1-H6 in order of their importance ( see example above
even if you perhaps do not understand what the titles mean)!
The question was another: I think I have read that it is usual to use only
the the first three, that means H1, H2 and H3 and not the others.
But I have
1) a main title
2) titles which are subclasses of the main title
3) titles which are subclasses of the subclasses which I mentioned on 2)
4) titles which are subclasses of what I mentioned in 3)

Toby A Inkster

Luigi said:
The question was another: I think I have read that it is usual to use only
the the first three, that means H1, H2 and H3 and not the others.

It is usual not to use <h4> to <h6> because pages don't usually have
sub-sub-sub-headings.

If a page *has* got sub-sub-sub-headings, then by all means, use <h4>.

If a page has sub-sub-sub-sub-headings, then feel free to use <h5>.

If a page has sub-sub-sub-sub-sub-headings, then use <h6>, but if you're
going into that level of detail, you may want to think about splitting
your document up into several pages and then "promoting" the headings on
each.