    Suite, Netscape) will obey the definitions and not IE or Opera?

    THANKS,
    Jerry
    Jerry, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Michael Wilcox, Feb 14, 2004

  3. Jerry wrote:

    > does anybody know a hack for CSS, so only Mozilla (Firebird, Firefox, Mozilla
    > Suite, Netscape) will obey the definitions and not IE or Opera?

    The general way to hide from IE is to use advanced CSS selectors that IE
    can't understand, but if you want to also hide from Opera you're going to
    have trouble, as Opera is pretty damn good at CSS.

    Try this one for size:

    http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/hack

    Whither the bill?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 14, 2004
  4. Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/hack

    Black in Mozilla 1.6.

    --
    $_=" 5_2 8_2\n 3/*3 \\ 4/*3 \\\n / *7\\/*7 \\\n| *17 |\n \\ *15 /\n 3".
    "\\ *11 /\n 5\\ *7 /\n 7\\ *** /\n 9\\*/";while(/(.)([0-9]*)/gs){print$1
    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 14, 2004
  5. Jerry

    A Hess Guest

    Somewhere around 2/14/04 8:10 AM, Jerry typed wildly with reckless abandon:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > does anybody know a hack for CSS, so only Mozilla (Firebird, Firefox,
    > Mozilla Suite, Netscape) will obey the definitions and not IE or Opera?
    >
    > THANKS,
    > Jerry

    I found this a while ago:

    style {
    IE styles go here;

    /*
    then there's this snippet that IE sees the closing curly, but others
    dont, so everything below it is hidden from IE, but not other browsers
    */
    voice-family: "\"}\"";
    voice-family:inherit;

    Moz, etc. styles go here;
    }

    I'm not exactly sure what exactly makes it work, but it works for
    everything I've used it for.
    A Hess, Feb 14, 2004
  6. Toby A Inkster, Feb 14, 2004
  7. A Hess wrote:

    > /*
    > then there's this snippet that IE sees the closing curly, but others
    > dont, so everything below it is hidden from IE, but not other browsers
    > */

    Not entirely true. Opera below version 7 sees the same as IE in this hack,
    but Opera 7.x sees the same as Mozilla. So it's not quite was the doctor
    ordered.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Feb 14, 2004
  8. Jerry

    Jerry Guest

    On 2004/02/14 20:08 A Hess said the following:

    > I found this a while ago:
    >
    > style {
    > IE styles go here;
    >
    > /*
    > then there's this snippet that IE sees the closing curly, but others
    > dont, so everything below it is hidden from IE, but not other browsers
    > */
    > voice-family: "\"}\"";
    > voice-family:inherit;
    >
    > Moz, etc. styles go here;
    > }

    Any difference between this IE hack and

    html>body ?
    Jerry, Feb 15, 2004
  9. Toby A Inkster, Feb 15, 2004
  10. "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > does anybody know a hack for CSS, so only Mozilla (Firebird, Firefox,

    Mozilla
    > Suite, Netscape) will obey the definitions and not IE or Opera?

    html>body .mydefinition {
    /* MSIE doesn't see this */
    }
    Woolly Mittens, Feb 15, 2004
  11. "Jerry" <> wrote in message

    > > voice-family: "\"}\"";

    > Any difference between this IE hack and
    >
    > html>body ?

    I like the html>body hack better, because it doesn't do ugly syntax.
    Woolly Mittens, Feb 15, 2004
  12. Jerry

    kchayka Guest

    Jerry wrote:

    > On 2004/02/14 20:08 A Hess said the following:
    >
    >> voice-family: "\"}\"";
    >> voice-family:inherit;

    > Any difference between this IE hack and
    >
    > html>body ?

    Yes, there is a difference.
    <URL:http://centricle.com/ref/css/filters/>

    --
    Reply address is a bottomless spam bucket.
    kchayka, Feb 15, 2004
  13. Jerry

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, Feb 15, 2004