Handle Application-Timeout within WebMethod?

Guest

Hello NG!

My WebMethod sometimes takes some minutes to calculate. So it is possible,
that the timeout for the application is reached, before the WebMethod has
finished.

Is it possible to
1) catch that exception within the Application/WebService

2) to stop the actual running WebMethod(s)? (There can be many running
WebMethods at the same time, but there's always one application, right?)

3) to raise a SOAP-Exception 'within' each running WebMethod wich is send to
the Clients that called the WebMethods.

Thanks,
D.Barisch

Joe H

sounds like your web method is a good candidate for asynchronous
processing...call it...let it do its thing...and when its done, let it tell
you its done...