    desktop client disconnects unexpectedly while receiving data (for example,
    slow WiFi connenction)? I need to do a rollback in my database when transfer
    fails. Is there a way to implement this functionality?

    Vlad, Jun 13, 2005

  2. Vlad

    erymuzuan Guest

    I would recommend for you to use attachment, not raw byte array when
    transferring binary object, WSE handles this well, and if the transfer
    get disrupted it just rollback everything. WSE 2.0 CTP supports MTOM.

    The other option you might want to consider is chunking the messages,
    with .Net 2.0 you can do your own IXmlSerializable stuff to do this.
    this coupled with some nice compression will provide a more robust solution.

    regards
    erymuzuan mustapa

    erymuzuan, Jun 14, 2005