Handle disconnected clients?

Vlad

Hello,
I have a WebMethod that returns a large array of bytes (actually some files,
but i don't think it matters). How can i know on the server-side that
desktop client disconnects unexpectedly while receiving data (for example,
slow WiFi connenction)? I need to do a rollback in my database when transfer
fails. Is there a way to implement this functionality?

erymuzuan

I would recommend for you to use attachment, not raw byte array when
transferring binary object, WSE handles this well, and if the transfer
get disrupted it just rollback everything. WSE 2.0 CTP supports MTOM.

The other option you might want to consider is chunking the messages,
with .Net 2.0 you can do your own IXmlSerializable stuff to do this.
this coupled with some nice compression will provide a more robust solution.

regards
erymuzuan mustapa