Handles itemCreated

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Joriz, Jun 27, 2004.

  1. Joriz

    Joriz Guest

    I have this code. and with a squiggly line under 'ItemCreated'

    Private Sub grdTopics_ItemCreated(ByVal source As Object, _
    ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs)
    _
    Handles grdTopics.ItemCreated

    End Sub

    theres an error saying Method 'grdTopics_ItemCreated' cannot handle
    event 'ItemCreated' because they do not have the same signature.

    i have looked on some postings here and they define exactly the way i
    did... but there has to be something different probably when i
    configure the datagrid object itself..i dont know..

    anybody? pls help
    TIA

    Joriz, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Joriz

    Jos Guest

    Joriz wrote:
    > I have this code. and with a squiggly line under 'ItemCreated'
    >
    > Private Sub grdTopics_ItemCreated(ByVal source As Object, _
    > ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataGridCommandEventArgs)
    > _
    > Handles grdTopics.ItemCreated
    >

    > End Sub
    >
    > theres an error saying Method 'grdTopics_ItemCreated' cannot handle
    > event 'ItemCreated' because they do not have the same signature.
    >
    > i have looked on some postings here and they define exactly the way i
    > did... but there has to be something different probably when i
    > configure the datagrid object itself..i dont know..

    The second parameter should be of type DataGridItemEventArgs,
    not DataGridCommandEventArgs.

    --

    Jos

    Jos, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Joriz

    Joriz Guest

    my mistake! it should be DataGridEventArgs rather than
    datagridcommandeventargs.
    but if Itemcreated event only should be applied to dataGridEvenArgs, i
    dont understand why the intellisense would make it appear under the
    datagridcommandeventargs..

    anyway...

    Joriz, Jun 27, 2004