handling commonality in similar XSD schemas

Albretch

I have a number of very similar XSD templates, only different by a few attributes.

The common parts of the schema I would like to keep together as a type and then bag the extra attributes apart.

The extra atributes would be 'required' in some templates but not necessary in other ones

I have tried a number of things that don't seem to compile

Any hints or examples?

Thanks

Martin Honnen

Albretch said:
I have a number of very similar XSD templates, only different by a
few attributes.

The common parts of the schema I would like to keep together as a
type and then bag the extra attributes apart.

The extra atributes would be 'required' in some templates but not
necessary in other ones

I have tried a number of things that don't seem to compile

Any hints or examples?

You can compose schemas with xs:include and xs:import and you can create
base types and then extend types, see
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#abstract>