    software out there that can read a directory, create thumbnails and links on
    the fly? What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

    thanks!

    shank, Dec 4, 2007

  2. "shank" <> wrote in message
    news:%...
    >I need to upload a bunch of high-res images for our users to download. I
    >will do that with FTP. However, being lazy, I don't want to create
    >thumbnails and links to every high-res image. It could be hundreds. Is
    >there software out there that can read a directory, create thumbnails and
    >links on the fly? What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

    If you're doing the uploading manually anyway, why not use IrfanView?

    It'll create contact sheet HTML pages using a template designed by you,
    generate thumbnails, and auto-create links.

    - Bob.

    Bob Milutinovic, Dec 5, 2007

  3. shank

    shank Guest

    ===========================
    >>why not use IrfanView<<

    Never even thought of it. I've used it many times to batch process. Just
    never thought it would create HTML also. I will have a look.

    However, I was still looking for something more automated. After I upload
    the bulk of files, I will be uploading a few here and there. Using IrfanView
    adds one more step to the process. A step I was trying to avoid. It would be
    nice to just FTP a highres pic and have software to automatically add it to
    the page with thumbnail and link.

    thanks!

    shank, Dec 5, 2007
  4. shank

    Mike Brind Guest

    "shank" <> wrote in message

    > "Bob Milutinovic" <> wrote in message
    >> "shank" <> wrote in message
    >>>I need to upload a bunch of high-res images for our users to download. I
    >>>will do that with FTP. However, being lazy, I don't want to create
    >>>thumbnails and links to every high-res image. It could be hundreds. Is
    >>>there software out there that can read a directory, create thumbnails and
    >>>links on the fly? What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

    >> If you're doing the uploading manually anyway, why not use IrfanView?
    >>
    >> It'll create contact sheet HTML pages using a template designed by you,
    >> generate thumbnails, and auto-create links.
    >>
    >> - Bob.

    > ===========================
    >>>why not use IrfanView<<

    > Never even thought of it. I've used it many times to batch process. Just
    > never thought it would create HTML also. I will have a look.
    >
    > However, I was still looking for something more automated. After I upload
    > the bulk of files, I will be uploading a few here and there. Using
    > IrfanView adds one more step to the process. A step I was trying to avoid.
    > It would be nice to just FTP a highres pic and have software to
    > automatically add it to the page with thumbnail and link.
    >
    > thanks!

    Have a look at AspJpeg from Persits: www.aspjpeg.com. You can use that to
    create the thumbnails. As far as "software" for listing folder contents etc
    is concerned, this group is primarily for people that want help writing it.
    If you don't fall into that category (and it's not totally clear from your
    question whether you do or not) then the answer to your question: "What's
    the easiest way to accomplish this?" is to hire someone that does. Or to
    use Google to see if such an application exists. Personally, I wouldn't
    know. I'd write it myself.

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Dec 5, 2007