handling highres images

shank

I need to upload a bunch of high-res images for our users to download. I
will do that with FTP. However, being lazy, I don't want to create
thumbnails and links to every high-res image. It could be hundreds. Is there
software out there that can read a directory, create thumbnails and links on
the fly? What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

thanks!

Bob Milutinovic

shank said:
I need to upload a bunch of high-res images for our users to download. I
will do that with FTP. However, being lazy, I don't want to create
thumbnails and links to every high-res image. It could be hundreds. Is
there software out there that can read a directory, create thumbnails and
links on the fly? What's the easiest way to accomplish this?

If you're doing the uploading manually anyway, why not use IrfanView?

It'll create contact sheet HTML pages using a template designed by you,
generate thumbnails, and auto-create links.

- Bob.

shank

Bob Milutinovic said:
If you're doing the uploading manually anyway, why not use IrfanView?

It'll create contact sheet HTML pages using a template designed by you,
generate thumbnails, and auto-create links.

- Bob. ===========================
Never even thought of it. I've used it many times to batch process. Just
never thought it would create HTML also. I will have a look.

However, I was still looking for something more automated. After I upload
the bulk of files, I will be uploading a few here and there. Using IrfanView
adds one more step to the process. A step I was trying to avoid. It would be
nice to just FTP a highres pic and have software to automatically add it to
the page with thumbnail and link.

thanks!

Mike Brind

shank said:
Never even thought of it. I've used it many times to batch process. Just
never thought it would create HTML also. I will have a look.

However, I was still looking for something more automated. After I upload
the bulk of files, I will be uploading a few here and there. Using
IrfanView adds one more step to the process. A step I was trying to avoid.
It would be nice to just FTP a highres pic and have software to
automatically add it to the page with thumbnail and link.

thanks!

Have a look at AspJpeg from Persits: www.aspjpeg.com. You can use that to
create the thumbnails. As far as "software" for listing folder contents etc
is concerned, this group is primarily for people that want help writing it.
If you don't fall into that category (and it's not totally clear from your
question whether you do or not) then the answer to your question: "What's
the easiest way to accomplish this?" is to hire someone that does. Or to
use Google to see if such an application exists. Personally, I wouldn't
know. I'd write it myself.