Handling multiple Asynch Web Service Calls from an ASP.NET Web Page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ghost@themachine.net, Mar 26, 2005.

  1. Guest

    As the Subject indicates I have written a web page that makes use of
    several web service calls.

    Some of the web service calls are very fast so they called
    synchronously. Some web service calls are longer running so I call
    them asynch so that they can all run concurrently. The user base for
    the application that I am creating demands the partial response of the
    faster calls and a gradual update of their web page info from the
    balance of the slower calls as the responses come in. .

    How do I go about getting the results of the asynch calls out to the
    web page?

    It would be ideal if the page refreshed automatically.

    You can contact me here in this newsgroup or at

    Please note that you have to get rid of 'removeallofthiscrap' from my
    email address.

    , Mar 26, 2005

  2. Brock Allen Guest

    Fritz discusses creating async handlers and pages:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Mar 27, 2005

    Thanks... this was interesting, but I already have adequate asynch
    handlers on the server. What I need is a method of getting the data
    back to the client as each asynch web service completes.

    On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:56:02 -0800, Brock Allen
    <> wrote:

    >Fritz discusses creating async handlers and pages:
    >
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/06/Threading/default.aspx
    >
    >-Brock
    >DevelopMentor
    >http://staff.develop.com/ballen
    >

    >> As the Subject indicates I have written a web page that makes use of
    >> several web service calls.
    >>
    >> Some of the web service calls are very fast so they called
    >> synchronously. Some web service calls are longer running so I call
    >> them asynch so that they can all run concurrently. The user base for
    >> the application that I am creating demands the partial response of the
    >> faster calls and a gradual update of their web page info from the
    >> balance of the slower calls as the responses come in. .
    >>
    >> How do I go about getting the results of the asynch calls out to the
    >> web page?
    >>
    >> It would be ideal if the page refreshed automatically.
    >>
    >> You can contact me here in this newsgroup or at
    >>

    >> Please note that you have to get rid of 'removeallofthiscrap' from my
    >> email address.

    , Mar 27, 2005