Handling Session Timeout in Windows authentication

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by jonefer, Feb 6, 2007.

  1. jonefer

    jonefer Guest

    Ever since updating my Website from VS 2003 to 2005, I began to notice that
    my session variables become reset (expire) after 10-15 (minutes)

    The solutions I read dealing with this timeout generally have to do with
    'Forms Authentication' but I'm not using forms authentication.

    I read that you can put the following code in Global.asax - (could someone
    please specify exactly how to do this, I always get an 'Invalid application'
    error-- but is this the best solution for my session variables expiring?)

    Sub Session_Start(...)

    If Session.IsNewSession Then

    If Not IsNothing(Request.Headers("Cookie")) And
    Request.Headers("Cookie").IndexOf("ASP.NET_SessionId") >= 0 Then
    Response.redirect("timeout.htm")
    End If

    End If

    End Sub