Handling the pressing of the Back button in the toolbar

Victor Sayas

maybe this is a common problem but since i'm new here in this newsgroup i'll
just post it anyway.

my problem is when i logout from my web application and signout the
formsauthentication. and then press the back button in the toolbar, it goes
back to the previous page. i dont want my app to do that. it should be
redirected to the login.aspx page.so how can i handle this problem?

thanks. hope anyone can help me out.

Chris Rolon

The back button is displaying the page from the local cache. You will have
to disable the local caching of pages.

Put Response.Cache.SetCacheability(HttpCacheability.NoCache) in the
Page_Load event handler. This will disable page caching.

Khan Imran

If you are using forms authentication then most probably you are setting
session, what u will need to do is abandon the session on logout
Session.Abandon();

Hope this Help
Khan Imran

Victor Sayas

thanks for your help guys. all your help enhanced my application. but i was
wondering if you can just automatically disable this back and forward
buttons? can i do that? and if yes, how? thanks again.