handling tomcat out of eclipse : still authentication- error

Discussion in 'Java' started by marcelino, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. marcelino

    marcelino Guest

    Hi again and thanks so far,

    your hints were very helpful!
    My tomcat-user.xml looks like this:

    <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
    <tomcat-users>
    <role rolename="tomcat"/>
    <role rolename="role1"/>
    <role rolename="manager"/>
    <role rolename="admin"/>
    <user username="mbert" password="wasser" roles="manager,admin,role1,tomcat"/>
    <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
    <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
    <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
    </tomcat-users>

    I can handle tomcat in shell but out of eclipse the access is still
    denied:

    GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener: Exception processing Global JNDI
    Resources
    javax.naming.NamingException:
    /opt/jakarta/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml.new (Permission denied)
    at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:844)
    etc.

    Also I have an authentication- error when I try to refresh the
    server.xml out of eclipse.

    If somebody have a hint I would appreciate it.

    marcelino

    marcelino, Jan 28, 2004