handling tomcat out of eclipse : still authentication- error

marcelino

Hi again and thanks so far,

your hints were very helpful!
My tomcat-user.xml looks like this:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<tomcat-users>
<role rolename="tomcat"/>
<role rolename="role1"/>
<role rolename="manager"/>
<role rolename="admin"/>
<user username="mbert" password="wasser" roles="manager,admin,role1,tomcat"/>
<user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat"/>
<user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
<user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
</tomcat-users>

I can handle tomcat in shell but out of eclipse the access is still
denied:

GlobalResourcesLifecycleListener: Exception processing Global JNDI
Resources
javax.naming.NamingException:
/opt/jakarta/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml.new (Permission denied)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:844)
etc.

Also I have an authentication- error when I try to refresh the
server.xml out of eclipse.

If somebody have a hint I would appreciate it.

marcelino